Hormones are important because they determine many processes in our bodies including weight loss and hair growth. For specific processes, to take place in our body, the hormonal level should be at the recommended levels. There are instances whereby for some reasons certain hormones get depleted thereby affecting various functions of our bodies. The testosterone hormone, for example, is the foundation of our existence. It affects our sex drive, the functionality of our heart and memory, and helps in the building of the muscles.
However, because of various factors like age and the use of drugs, the level of testosterone typically reduces. This article looks at the multiple ways of boosting the essential hormones in our bodies;
Dopamine is one of the vital hormones in our body. It is responsible for the functioning of the brain. Whenever you get positive responses, or you are appreciated for your exemplary service, you will get what is referred to as a nice feeling. The dopamine hormone causes the pleasant feeling. One of the best ways of boosting the dopamine hormone is by setting realistic and achievable targets like tidying your home. You can also increase this hormone by executing activities that add value to your life.
The serotonin hormone is what affects our moods. When it is low, you will tend to be moody, and when it is high, you will be in high spirits. Your mood will be affected by increasing the serotonin levels in your brain. The most efficient and natural method of boosting the serotonin level in the body is by exercising daily. People who exercise regularly are usually in higher spirits as compared to those who do not exercise because of this hormone.
Increasing the hormonal levels
Boosting the top hormones naturally should be the objective of every individual. Let us look at the different ways of achieving this;
- Listening to music: Science has proven that by listening to music regularly the level of dopamine in your body will increase.
- Intake of carbohydrates: By increasing the intake of carbohydrates you will increase the serotonin levels in your body. This explains why people usually crave for sweeter things when they feel down. Quinoa and whole grain bread are fantastic sources of carbs which will significantly boost your health.
- Engage in romantic activities: You will increase the oxytocin level in your body by engaging in pleasurable activities like kissing and cuddling. Intense lovemaking will also help in increasing the amount of the hormone in your body.
- Yoga and meditation: The stress-relieving activities like meditation and yoga will help you in increasing the estrogen levels in your body. Taking a hot bath frequently also has a positive effect on the same.
- Avoiding saturated fat: If you need to keep the progesterone hormone at the required levels, you should eat well and enjoy the foods that are sugary and those with saturated fats. You should also keep in shape by exercising and avoiding stressful moments
Nutrition is the top hormone therapy that will boost your health. Some top foods will help in raising your hormonal level. Other than feeding you also need to exercise regularly.